Jeffrey S. Nelson, M.D. has practiced at Midwest Allergy and Asthma Clinic, P.C. since 1993. He is currently an Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Creighton University School of Medicine and a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), both in Omaha, Nebraska.
Dr. Nelson is a native of Nebraska. He received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. Nelson completed Pediatric Residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa, where he also completed a combined Fellowship in Allergy/Immunology and Pediatric Pulmonology.
Dr. Nelson is certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners, American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Pediatrics Sub-Board of Pediatric Pulmonology. He is a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Nebraska Chapter Executive Board, 2001-2003
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Nebraska Allergy Society, Current Member and Past Secretary/Treasurer
- American Lung Association
- American Medical Student Association
Dr. Nelson’s practice encompasses the treatment of patients of all ages, ranging from infants through the entire adult age spectrum.
Dr. Nelson is married and has two adult sons. He enjoys family activities, landscaping, dogs, and walking.